The Text gadget displays your specified HTML text on the dashboard.
This gadget is only available if your JIRA administrator has enabled it. It is disabled by default because it is a potential security risk, as it can contain arbitrary HTML which could potentially make your JIRA system vulnerable to XSS attacks.
To enable the text gadget: Enable the Text module in the Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (You need to select the System add-ons from the drop-down).
If you cannot enable the text gadget, please contact Atlassian Support for assistance.
What does it look like?
The Text gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Text' Gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Text' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Text gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Title' — type a heading for this gadget.
- 'Body' — type the body text; this may include HTML.
- Click the 'Save' button.