To change the login page:
- Shut down your Confluence server.
- In the Confluence installation directory, find the file
- Make a copy of this file as a backup.
- Edit the file with a text editor to make the required changes. The content contains a mixture of HTML and Velocity. See Velocity Template Overview (in our developer documentation).
- Start Confluence and test your changes.
The same process can be applied to modify most of the templates in the Confluence web application. Be careful to test your changes before applying them to a live site. The templates contain code that is vital for Confluence to function, and it is easy to accidentally make a change that prevents use of your site.