The Projects gadget provides information and various filters related to specified project(s) within JIRA.
What does it look like?
The Projects gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
The 'menu' iconprovides links to the following, for each project:
- Summary — Shows recent activity in the project, plus a list of issues that are due soon.
- Issues — Shows summaries of: all issues in a project, grouped by Status; and unresolved issues, grouped by Assignee, Priority, Version and Component.
- Versions — Shows recent versions for a given project.
- Components — Shows all components in a given project.
- Builds — Shows recent Bamboo builds for a given project.
- Source — Shows recent FishEye changesets for a given project.
- Reviews — Shows recent Crucible code for a given project.
The 'filter' icon Issue Navigator, for each project:provides links to the following issue filters in the
- Resolved recently
- Added recently
- Updated recently
- Assigned to me
- Most important
- Reported by me
Adding the 'Projects' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Projects' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Projects gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Projects' and 'Categories' — select one or more projects (or 'All Projects') to display in the gadget. (Note: 'Categories' will only be shown if some have been defined in your JIRA system.)
- 'View' — select either 'Collapsed', 'Brief' or 'Detailed' to specify how much information fo display per project.
- 'Number of Columns' — select how the gadget will be formatted ( 1 column, 2 columns or 3 columns).
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.