You can 'watch' a page, blog post or space. Confluence will then send you a notification by email whenever anyone adds or updates content on that page or space. You'll receive immediate emails for important notifications (like mentions and new pages), but when lots of changes are being made at the same time, you'll only receive a single email with all the changes within a short window (usually 10 minutes).
You can also subscribe to daily email reports and other notifications of various updates, as described below.
You'll only receive notifications for content that you have permission to view. Users that have been disabled by an administrator will not receive email notifications.
Subscribing to email notifications
You can subscribe to be notified when:
- A blog post is added or changed in a space that you have permission to view.
- Someone you're following makes an update in a space that you have permission to view.
- Someone follows you.
You can also subscribe to these summary reports:
- A daily report of the 30 most popular updates to all spaces that you have permission to view.
- A daily or weekly report of recommended updates, in all spaces that you have permission to view.
To edit your email notification settings:
- Click Email in the left-hand panel
- Click Edit
On this page:
Here's an explanation of all the email settings.
Option: Do you want Confluence to automatically add you as a watcher on each page or blog post that you add or update? If you are a watcher of a page or a post, you will receive notification of future changes.
Subscribe to daily updates
Receive daily email reports showing changes to content in all spaces that you have permission to view.
Subscribe to all blog posts
Receive email notifications for changes to blogs in your Confluence installation that you have permission to view.
Subscribe to network
Receive email notifications for changes to content by all users that you are following, which you have permission to view.
Subscribe to new follower notifications
Receive an email message when anyone chooses to follow you.
Notify on my actions
Option: Do you want to receive email notifications for your own changes?
Show changed content
Option: Do you want your notifications to include details of the changes made to the content?
Subscribe to recommended updates
Receive a daily or weekly email message showing the top content that is relevant to you from spaces that you have permission to view.
How do you set the frequency of the mail message? A link in the email message allows you to choose daily or weekly notifications.
How do you enable and disable the notification? You can turn off the notification by clicking a link in the email message. You can also turn the notification on or off by setting the 'Subscribe to recommended updates' option in your user profile.
Confluence chooses the content to display, based on:
'Recent' means any activity that occurred since the last recommended updates message was sent to you.
The activities are listed in order of popularity, with the most popular at the top. Likes, comments and content creations are scored equally. Activity that involves people in your network ranks higher than activity not involving your network. Content from My spaces also ranks higher than content in other spaces. The recommended updates summary does not include any content that you created yourself, and it gives a lower ranking to content that you have participated in, for example by adding a comment or updating the page.
If there is no activity to report, Confluence will not send the email message.
- Mail server: To enable Confluence to send email notifications, a System Administrator must configure an email server. See Email Notifications.
- Batching window: System Administrators can change the batching window for changes and comments on the same page or blog post in the Send batched notifications scheduled job. Increase the time for fewer emails or reduce the time if more immediate notifications are essential in your site.
- Recommended updates email: Confluence Administrators can set the default options for the recommended updates notification.
在屏幕的右上角单击 控制台按钮 ，然后选择 基本配置（General Configuration） 链接。. Click Recommended Updates Email in the left-hand panel. See Email Notifications.
- Email threading: Confluence will attempt to group all the email notifications about changes to a specific page together. Other notifications such as sharing a page, requesting access to a page, or recommended updates emails are intentionally not grouped. Not all mail clients support email threading, and different email clients use different methods for threading emails. We've tested Confluence's email threading with Apple Mail 10.3, Outlook 2011, Outlook 2016, GMail, Google Inbox and Outlook.com.
Do more with Confluence
Take your Confluence notifications to the next level with these email notification apps on the Atlassian Marketplace:
- Notifications - ScriptRunner for Confluence: Manage Confluence notifications more easily, with greater control and customization
- No Email Storm - change the behaviour of the Notify Watchers checkbox in the editor